LILY BAKES: Raspberry & White Chocolate Muffins
Lily Barnes is our 10-year-old resident kid baker. Each month she shares an original recipe that kids can make at home with their parents, plus a few behind-the-scenes tips and tricks to make your treat extra special. Here is Lily’s recipe for Raspberry & White Chocolate Muffins:
RASPBERRY & WHITE CHOCOLATE MUFFINS
I think kids would like to make this with their family because you can pick be creative and add any similar fruit and especially adding the chocolate for a special ingredient.—Lily
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup milk, room temperature
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cups fresh then frozen raspberries
- 4 oz white chocolate
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1½ cups crushed Golden Oreos
- 2 tablespoons Raspberry Instant Jell-o
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Grease a muffin tin generously.
- In a small bowl, whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt together.
- In another bowl, whisk the milk, butter, and eggs together until well combined.
- Add the flour mixture and stir with a spatula just until fully mixed.
- Crumble and add in frozen raspberry pieces—and ask an adult to help you cut up the white chocolate into small chunks.
- Pour the batter evenly into muffin tins.
- In a separate bowl, mix all ingredients for topping until crumbly.
- Put topping over each muffin.
- Recipe should make 14 regular sized muffins.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with only a few moist crumbs attached.
- Remove muffins after a few minutes of cooling and transfer to a tray. Enjoy!