South Carolina's Cornbread Festival
Great fun and tasty eats, just three turns from Uptown Charlotte
South Carolina's third annual cornbread festival has a lot in common with the National Cornbread Festival in South Pittsburg, Tennessee, which I visited last month.
The festival will be held this Saturday, May 21 at Spirit Communications Park in downtown Columbia.
What to do at the SC Cornbread Festival
I recommend heading out on an empty stomach. Here's what's in store:
- Sample 20 different variations of mouthwatering cornbread on Cornbread Lane
- Participate in the cornhole tournament and cornbread eating contest
- Watch the cornbread cookout
- Stroll through the lanes of the classic car show
- Dance to the music of several beloved bands
Where to find more foodie festivals
Charlotte is close to hundreds of foodie festivals. The Bon Appetit Appalachia website is a great way to search for them in the 13-state Appalachian region.