Preview: Carolina Classic Fair (Oct. 1-10) in Winston Salem
Take advantage of these discounted admission specials
Celebrate fall and catch all the fair fun October 1-10 at the fairgrounds in Winston Salem. Formerly the Dixie Classic Fair, this year’s event features new rides, yummy fair food, games and competitions, a nightly fireworks show and so much more. Stay for the day then catch the awesome entertainment at the Grandstand and Clock Tower Stage. The lineup includes figure 8 racing, a tractor pull, rodeo, Color Me Badd and Tag Team, Gospelfest, Jazzfest and more! From Center City Charlotte, the fairgrounds are 82.5 miles or a little over an hour.
Advance tickets are on sale now with lots of ways to save money and pack in everything your crew wants to do. The Carolina Classic Fair is open Sunday through Friday from 11 a.m.-11 p.m. and Saturday 9 a.m. till 11 p.m. Review the tips below and get ready for an unforgettable fair experience!
Ways to Save at the Fair
Purchase entry and ride tickets in advance and use the extra dough to fuel up on your fave fair treats! Visit the Fair’s Web site any time or stop by the ticket office at 414 Deacon Blvd. in Winston Salem Monday through Saturday from 10 a.m. till 5 p.m. through September 30.
- Attend Welcome Back Friday on October 1. Admission is $5 all day for everyone.
- Advance tickets are $8 for adults 12 and older (regularly $10) and $3 for children ages 6-11 (regularly $5). Children under 5 and seniors 65+ are free.
- Take advantage of early bird admission. Attend the fair before 4 p.m. Monday through Friday for $5.
- Purchase Strates Ride Cards in advance for $15 for 40 credits (regularly $20). Ticketmaster service fees apply if purchased online. Exchange your ride credits for a ride card at the Redemption Center Tent when you enter the fair.
- Enjoy unlimited rides Monday, Tuesday and Thursday for $35 with a special unlimited ride wristband.
Special Theme Days
- Friday, October 1, Opening Day. $5 admission for everyone.
- Monday, October 4, School Day. Preschool to 5th graders receive free admission until 2 p.m.
- Tuesday, October 5, Senior Day. Seniors 65+ get in free all week with proper identification. On Senior Day, aides assisting seniors also get in free and special events for senior adults begin at 10 a.m.
- Wednesday, October 6, Special Education Day & Crisis Control’s Food Day. Bring 5 cans or 5 individual boxes of nonperishable food and receive free admission. Admission is free for people with disabilities and their aides.
- Thursday, October 7, Military Appreciation Day. Active and retired military and immediate family admitted free with proper identification.
- Saturday, October 9 and Sunday, October 10, Winston-Salem Journal Family Days. Kids age 7 and under can ride all Strates Show Kiddieland Rides for $15 both days (excludes pony rides).
Enter a Contest
Experience the fair up close and personal and go for the blue ribbon when you enter a contest. Whether you are a budding artist, agricultural guru, wine maker or culinary expert, there is something for you. Don’t miss your chance to share in more than $225,000 in prize money! Entries are due by September 1.
Parking is available at the LJVM Coliseum lot and Truist Field parking lots for $10. You can also use the FanPark app available in the Apple App or Google Play Store to reserve a spot ahead of time in the lot located at 2885 Shorefair Drive. The cost is $16 and the lot will open daily at 11 a.m. All vehicles must be out of the lot by 8:15 p.m. You will not be granted entry into this parking lot without a FanPark reservation.
Purchase your discount tickets today and get ready to spend a day out at the fair!