LILY BAKES: Cookies and Cream Cheesecake Bars
The latest from our resident kid baker
Lily Barnes is our 11-year-old resident kid baker. Each month she shares an original recipe that kids can make at home with their parents, plus a few behind-the-scenes tips and tricks to make your treat extra special. Here is Lily’s recipe for Lily’s Cookies and Cream Cheesecake Bars:
COOKIES AND CREAM CHEESECAKE BARS
I love cheesecake! I thought that adding Oreos would be tasty and a fun treat. They are small and handheld. It can be fun to make with family when you pick the types of cookies that you want to add to the mixture. These are easy to share with your family!—Lily
- ¼ cup melted butter
- ¾ cup finely crushed Oreos
- ⅓ cup flour
- Two 8-oz packages cream cheese
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 4 large eggs, whisked
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups roughly crushed Oreos
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Stir the butter, Oreos, and flour together with a fork. Press into the bottom of your prepared pan. Pre-bake for 5 minutes
- Mix together the cream cheese and ⅔ cup sugar until combined and fluffy. Add the eggs, milk, and vanilla to the bowl and mix well. Fold in the crushed cookies and pour over your crust.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the mixture looks like it has set. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving or eating.