Have news to share? Email email@example.com
Charlotte Parent magazine is made for parents like you — local, engaged, involved. A free and local publication since 1987, our monthly publications, website, newsletters and social media networks are created to help make life easier for parents navigating life in the Queen City. We are a one-stop parenting resource, with a daily calendar of events, locally generated blogs, directories and so much more. Owned by Morris Media Communications, we serve seven counties, including Mecklenburg, Cabarrus, Gaston, Iredell, Lincoln, Union and York.
Our award-winning magazine provides 203,000 parents with local insight, resources and expert advice on raising children — from pregnancy to the teen years. We engage our readers through daily interactions on social networks, and provide information at their fingertips 24/7.
We are located at 214 W. Tremont Ave., Suite 302, Charlotte, NC 28203 | 704-344-1980
Meet the Staff:
Michele Huggins - Editor
Melissa Stutts - Art and Digital Development Director
Leslie Hatheway - Senior Media Consultant
Fawn Anderson - Media Consultant
Allison Hollins - Digital Director
Elizabeth Stacks - Director of Marketing and Audience Development
Awards and Accolades
2017 Parenting Media Association Awards
- Ancillary General Excellence - Silver, GPS 2016
2016 Parenting Media Association Awards
- Ancillary General Excellence - Silver, GPS 2015
- Website General Excellence - Bronze, CharlotteParent.com
2015 Parenting Media Association Awards
- Front Cover: Use of Stock Photo - Gold, November 2014
- Best Use of Multimedia - Gold, GPS App
- Service Feature - Silver, "Do You Have a Gun in Your House?"
2014 Parenting Media Association Awards
- Front Cover: Use of Stock Photo - Gold, September 2013
- General Feature Writing - Gold, "When Kids Get Cancer"
- Editorial Special Series - Bronze, Fit Family Challenge
2013 Parenting Media Association Awards
- Best E-Newsletter - Gold, Healthy Families
- Editorial Special Series - Silver, Fit Family Challenge
- Editorial Briefs - Finalist, "FYI"
- Design - Finalist, "Who's Holding Up the Carpool Line?"
- Original Photography - Finalist, "Chef Dads Dish"
Looking for an opportunity to publish your work inside of our magazine? View our writers' guidelines and editorial calendar for more information.