Charlotte Parent magazine is made for parents like you — local, engaged, involved. Free and locally published since 1987, our monthly publications, website, newsletters and social media networks are created to help make life easier for parents navigating life in the Queen City. We are a one-stop parenting resource, with a daily calendar of events, locally generated blogs, directories and so much more. Owned by Morris Media Communications, we serve seven counties, including Mecklenburg, Cabarrus, Gaston, Iredell, Lincoln, Union and York.
Our award-winning magazine provides 203,000 parents with local insight, resources and expert advice on raising children — from pregnancy to the teen years. We engage our readers through daily interactions on social networks, and provide information at their fingertips 24/7.
We are located at 214 W. Tremont Ave., Suite 302, Charlotte, NC 28203
Meet the Staff:
Sharon Havranek, Group Publisher NC
Eve White, Publisher/Executive Editor
Michele Huggins, Editor
Mikala Young, Editorial Assistant
Melissa Stutts, Art Director
Casey Wilson, Director of Marketing and Audience Development
Susannah Carpenter, Digital Marketing Manager
Leslie Hatheway, Senior Media Consultant
Jennifer Byrum, Media Consultant
Dawn Field, Media Consultant
Kia Moore, Advertising Sales Coordinator
Awards & Accolades
2015 Parenting Media Association Awards
- Front Cover: Use of Stock Photo - Gold, November 2014
- Best Use of Multimedia - Gold, GPS App
- Service Feature - Silver, "Do You Have a Gun in Your House?"
2014 Parenting Media Association Awards
- Front Cover: Use of Stock Photo - Gold, September 2013
- General Feature Writing - Gold, "When Kids Get Cancer"
- Editorial Special Series - Bronze, Fit Family Challenge
2013 Parenting Media Association Awards
- Best E-Newsletter - Gold, Healthy Families
- Editorial Special Series - Silver, Fit Family Challenge
- Editorial Briefs - Finalist, "FYI"
- Design - Finalist, "Who's Holding Up the Carpool Line?"
- Original Photography - Finalist, "Chef Dads Dish"
Looking for an opportunity to publish your work inside of our magazine? View our writers' guidelines and editorial calendar for more information.