Top 6 Ideas for Family Fun This Weekend
Enjoy another weekend out and about with the family with these Top 6 picks for fun.
1. Take a trip to the bayou at Children’s Theatre of Charlotte’s performance of “Petite Rouge.” It’s the classic Red Riding Hood tale done with a Cajun twist. Meet the cast after the Friday opening performance.
2. Animated dinosaurs, incuding a T-Rex, will dino lovers back to the Mezosoic era at the Fossil Fair at Schiele Museum.
3. Celebrate the excitement of the Winter Olympics with activities and special snacks various countries at the Simon Kidgets Around the World.
4. For a deep sea adventure, including a close up view of sharks and a Pacific octopus, head to the just-opened Sea Life Aquarium at Concord Mills. Throughout this weekend, visitors to Sea Life Charlotte-Concord can take their ticket stub or annual pass to Simon Guest Services in Concord Mills’ Neighborhood 4 near Bass Pro Shops to receive a special gift (while supplies last).
5. Celebrate Black History Month at the Back of the Big House Event at Latta Plantation in Huntersville. Learn about the African American experience on a North Carolina backcountry plantation. Food historian, Clarissa Clifton, will return to Latta Plantation to discuss slave society through food. Suky Latta will be of particular focus as she was the real life cook for Jane Latta during the early 1800s.
6. And if the weather cooperates, venture to the Play 60 KidZone.