Top 5 Things-to-do This Weekend
I cannot believe that January is done. One month down in 2014. Where did it go? I think I was snuggled under a blanket on my couch at least half of it, the other half bundled up and bundling up my child. Alas, this weekend is to be a bit warmer, so get out and about with these Top 5 things to do with the kids.
1. Introduce young ears to the sounds of instrument families at Charlotte Symphony Lollipops concert Tubby the Tuba. Then stick around for Family Day at the Bechtler Museum of Modern Art. We’ll be at the Lollipops concernt Stop by the Charlotte Parent table for a fun activity before the show and to pick up our latest issue – it’s our Camp issue! (And read this to learn more about how The Bechtler and Charlotte Symphony are working together to break down the wall between music and art).
2. If the shoe fits … you know the saying, and it is so very true for Cinderella presented by Connie and Co. Productions this weekend at Armour Street Theatre in Davidson.
3. Queen Charlotte will reign supreme at the Charlotte Nature Museum’s Groundhog Day Celebration. Will she see her shadow and predict six more weeks of winter, or are warmer days right around the corner? Find out at the live groundhog shadow check and February Creature Feature.
4. Little lugnuts can build a racecar at local Home Depot Stores monthly morning workshops.
5. Celebrate the Chinese New Year at Discovery Place Kids with story times and lessons on special cultural traditions tied to the holiday.
For more fun ideas to get out and about, be sure to peruse our calendar of events.