Healthy Kid Snacks
When a snack attack strikes, refuel with these nutrition-packed snacks:
1. Spread mustard on a flour tortilla. Top with a slice of turkey or ham, low-fat cheese and lettuce. Then roll it up.
2. Mini Pizza: Toast an English muffin, drizzle with pizza sauce and sprinkle with low-fat mozzarella cheese.
3. Rocky Road: Break a graham cracker into bite-size pieces. Add to low-fat chocolate pudding along with a few miniature marshmallows.
4. Inside-Out Sandwich: Spread mustard on a slice of deli turkey. Wrap around a sesame breadstick.
5. Parfait: Layer vanilla yogurt and mandarin oranges or blueberries in a tall glass. Top with a sprinkle of granola.
DIP IT! BONUS SNACKS
Dip baby carrots and cherry tomatoes in low-fat ranch dressing.
Dip strawberries or apple slices in low-fat yogurt.
Dip pretzels in mustard.
Dip pita chips in hummus.
Dip graham crackers in applesauce.
Dip baked tortilla chips in bean dip.
Dip animal crackers in low-fat pudding.
Dip bread sticks in salsa.
Dip a granola bar in low-fat yogurt.
Dip mini-toaster waffles in cinnamon applesauce.
Courtesy of the American Dietetic Association (www.eatright.org), the largest organization of food and nutrition professionals.