6 Ideas to Warm Up the Weekend With Family Fun
No snow for us here in the Queen City, but old man winter has blown in for sure. Stay warm keeping busy with these ideas for weekend fun with the family.
1. Baby, it’s cold outside, but that’s good if you like to ice skate. It’s the last weekend for ice skating at Holiday on Ice in uptown. Go in the afternoon when the sun is shining for a little extra warmth.
2. If you’re family is resolved to get fit in 2014, head to the Greater Charlotte Health and Fitness Expo. There will be demos and health screenings, plus a Healthy Kids Zone. Come dressed to participate.
3. The mountains of N.C. did see some fresh snow Thursday night. Pack up the family and go ski, snowboard or snow-tube. Check out our list of 10 places within 3 hours of Charlotte.
4. Celebrate the last of the 12 days of Christmas and Epiphany at Twelfth Night at Charlotte Museum of History. Sing carols around the bonfires, play colonial games, take a candlelight tour and enjoy cider and cake just like the back country settlers did to celebrate the end of the Christmas season.
5. Let the family explore its creative side Sunday at Family Fun Day Open Studio. Hosted by Morrison YMCA, kids can make pottery and other arts and crafts. Call before you go to be sure space is available.
6. Discovery place has a new exhibit all about the land down under. Kids can learn about Australian cultural objects and make Aboriginal dot art to take home.
Enjoy and stay warm!