6 Ideas for Festive Holiday Ventures This Weekend
It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas, and there’s a LOT to do this weekend keeping in the spirit of the season.
1. Load up with some hot chocolate and head out to see some of the city’s biggest neighborhood light displays.
2. It’s going to be a winter wonderland of fun at the EpiCentre’s Kids Club Central Holiday Party. Charlotte Parent will be there with activities for the kids, plus Santa and Radio Disney.
3. It’s not too late to get tickets to see the Singing Christmas Tree KIDS. This longtime Charlotte favorite is a one-hour full of sing-a-longs, holiday tunes and puppets. Stop by the Charlotte Parent table for a holiday activity pre-show.
4. If you’re looking for a way to give back this season, stop by Toys and Co. at Cotswold Shopping Center Saturday from 11am-2pm to purchase and donate a toy to Toys for Tots. Toys and Co. is offering a one-day 15 percent discount to anyone who purchases a toy to donate. U.S. Marines will be there collecting the toys, and we’ll be there with an activity table for children to make Christmas cards for the favorite people in their lives.
5. How about a date at the theater with the kids? Matthews Playhouse presents “A Classic Christmas TV Special” this weekend, “A Commedia Christmas Carol” and “Miracle on 34th Street” continue at Children’s Theatre of Charlotte, and N.C. Dance Theatre’s “Nutcracker” is onstage at Blumenthal Performing Arts Center.
6. Put on your ugly Christmas sweater and head out to join in the Krueger Reindeer Romp 5K and Fun Run. There will be prizes for best costume and hot chocolate at the finish line.
To see more holiday happenings, check out our complete calendar of events. Whatever you choose to do, stay warm and enjoy your weekend!