5 Ways to Play The Weekend Away With the Family
Play the weekend away at these top five picks for things to do with the kids.
1. Get a laugh watching the “The Stinky Cheese Man and Other Fairly Stupid Fairy Tales” at Matthews Playhouse. It’s the last weekend to catch this play with a mix-up of classic tales like Little Red Running Shorts and Cinderumpelstiltskin.
2. Having a budding M.D. in the house? Celebrate Doctor’s Day at the Schiele Museum’s Bodies, Bellies and Brains Health Fair. There will be hands-on activities designed to encourage healthy living, plus prizes and giveaways.
3. Celebrate Dr. Seuss’ birthday at Discovery Place Kids. Stories come to life with activities and art, and then plan on sticking around to let kids romp around the museum.
4. LEGO lovers unite! Join in the creation of a scene from the “The LEGO Movie” at the LEGO Movie Building Event at Barnes and Noble’s Southpark.
5. March in National Craft Month. Celebrate by making crafts from natural items found in the forest at Family Nature Crafts.
Though this one may not be for the kids, there are a lot of spring consignment sales happening this weekend, with many more to come this month. Grab your shopping bag and save a buck!
And summer will be here before we know it. Find an awesome daycamp for your little one before all the slots fill up.
Want more ideas for family fun? Check out our calendar of events.