5 Ways to Liven up the Weekend With the Family
Drab gray be gone! I’m ready for some spring sunshine. If the weatherman is right, Saturday and Sunday look good for sunshine and warmer temperatures. Fingers crossed.
Don’t forget to “spring forward” Sunday as daylight saving time begins. Aah more daytime to play!
Here are 5 top picks for fun things to do out and about with the family this weekend.
1. Princesses and young princes can enjoy a day at the ballet with the N.C. Dance Theatre performance of “Cinderella.” With dazzling costumes and amazing dance moves, it’s a mesmerizing performance for children and parents.
2. Give the kids a glimpse of life before electricity, iPads and cellphones at the Living History Saturday event at Charlotte Museum of History.
3. Learn how little bits of this and that – nails, dryer lint, shells – can come together to make something meaningful at the Family First: Meaning is in the Making event at the Gantt Center. Children can also make their own Ndebele doll and learn about the special meaning the dolls have when shared with a friend.
4. If your teen is college bound, head to the National College Fair at The Park Sunday. More than 175 admission reps from college and universities throughout the country will be there to discuss admissions, finances and scholarship opportunities.
5. Dress like your favorite book character to top off Read Across America week at Storybook Character Day at Discovery Place Kids.
For more ideas on what to do this weekend as a family, check out our full calendar of events.