5 Cool Ideas for Things to do With the Kids This Weekend
So much happening around the Queen City this weekend, from Santa sightings to holiday parades and tree-lightings, there’s no shortage of fun ways to celebrate the season with the family.
1. Catch the classic “Miracle on 34th Street” at Children’s Theatre to enliven the giving spirit of the season.
2. Old Town Rock Hill has been transformed into ChristmasVille this weekend. See Santa, take carriage rides, hear carolers, and enjoy a day of snow, ice-skating rink and loads of activities for children. Don’t miss the Rock Hill Christmas Parade Friday evening from 6:30-9pm.
3. Let children shop for gifts for family and friends with one of Santa’s helpers at Santa’s Bag. The event features gifts priced between 50 cents and $5, and let’s children feel independent as they pick out gifts for their favorite people. Oh and Santa will be there.
4. Put the kids in their PJs and then surprise them with cups of cocoa to-go before loading up for a ride through some of the best neighborhoods with grand light displays.
5. Charlotte Youth Ballet presents its annual “Nutcracker” performance this weekend.
There’s so much more happening around town. Check out our calendar of events to search for holiday happenings near you, and to find cool things to do with the kids all weekend.