Weekend Warm up: Top 5 for Family Fun
If a flight to warmer hotspots is not on your radar this weekend, warm up with these Top 6 for weekend family fun.
1. “Don’t Tell Me I Can’t Fly” opens at Children’s Theatre of Charlotte this weekend. It’s an inspirational story loosely based around the life of folklorist Della Wells, and encouraging children to reach for their dreams even when it seems impossible.
3. Venture to the Schiele Museum in Gastonia for the “Ants in my Pants” exhibit. There will be crafts, and a talk with ant experts all about why “an ant can move a rubber tree plant.”
4. Learn the Art of Paper Making, and how to recycle old paper to make new note cards at Reedy Creek Nature Center.
5. Let them get their energy out at Kids Club Central: Fit and Fun in ’14 event at Epicentre uptown. Radio Disney Charlotte and Children’s Party Plus will be there with games, prizes and activities to get kids moving! We’ll be there too. Look for the Charlotte Parent table inside Studio Movie Grill on the third level.
6. Comic book and superhero fans won’t want to miss Charlotte Minicon happening at the Grady Cole Center. Put on by Heroes, comic creators including Skottie Young, Rich Case, Sanford Greene, Jason Latour, Andy Smith, Rob Ullman, and more will be there.
And remember nothing beats a movie night with popcorn and hot chocolate. Stay warm!