Quick & Easy Halloween Crafts
Illuminate your dinner table with these festive candleholders.
•?? ?Miniature pumpkins
•?? ?Small spoon
•?? ?Taper candles
1. Cut the top off of a small pumpkin. The hole should be no bigger than a quarter. (Leave this task to the parents!)
2. Remove the seeds from the pumpkin with a small spoon.
3. Place your candle into the hole, making sure that it fits snugly. Use black and orange candles for a festive Halloween touch.
4. Light candles and dinner is served!
Who’s coming to dinner?
•?? ?Butternut squashes
•?? ?White paint
•?? ?Black construction paper, felt or permanent marker
•?? ?Push pins or glue
1. Cover butternut squashes with white paint.
2. Let dry completely.
3. Add mouth and eyes to your ghost with cut-out black construction paper, felt or a permanent marker.
4. Use pins or glue to attach paper or felt.
Spell out BOO! on four festive pumpkins.
•?? ?4 small pumpkins
•?? ?Carving tool
•?? ?Large spoon
•?? ?4 candles
1. Draw the letters and exclamation point on the pumpkins with a marker.
2. Cut the tops off of your pumpkins with a sharp knife (Leave this task to the parents!)
3. Cut a small hole in each pumpkin top to allow heat to escape.
4. Remove pumpkin seeds and scrape the walls
5. Cut our your letters with a knife or caving tool
6. Insert tealights in each pumpkin, arrange and say BOO!
Have an ooey-gooey Halloween with this green goo.
•?? ?Warm water
•?? ?1 cup Elmer’s glue
•?? ?Green food coloring
•?? ?4 teaspoons borax
1. Mix ¾ cup warm water, glue and several drops of green food coloring in bowl
2. In a separate bowl, mix 4 teaspoons borax and 1 1/3 cup warm water (Caution! Borax is toxic in large doses – keep this mixture away from young kiddies!)
3. Pour the glue mixture into the borax mixture. Do not stir.
4. Let sit for 1 minute to let the slime set.
5. Lift the firm slime out of the liquid.
6. Voila! Have a slimy good time!
Festive treats in the form of friendly ghosts!
•?? ?Coffee filters
•?? ?Black ribbon or pipe cleaner
•?? ?Black marker
1. Wrap a coffee filter around a lollipop and tie it with a black ribbon or pipe cleaner.
2. Draw spooky faces on your ghost heads with black marker.
3. Gather a whole clan of ghosts and give them away as treats! ?