Be My Valenswine!
Love in the 21st century calls for a healthy dose of unconventional creativity! When everyone else in your kid’s class is mindlessly passing out paper heart doilies and candy hearts, help your kid grab his/her sweetie’s attention with a lovable little piglet made out of recycled crayon chunks and glitter!
-crayon and/or oil pastel chunks
-pig shaped cookie cutter
-cellophane gift bag & ribbon
How to Do It:
1. Heat the oven to 250 degrees.
2. Cover cookie sheet with aluminum foil.
3. Place the cookie cutter in the center of the cookie sheet and fill it to the top with crayon chunks.
4. Place the cookie sheet in the oven and keep a close eye on it as the crayons melt. Some of the melted wax will seep out from underneath the cookie cutter but don’t worry – that will easily be removed later.
5. When the crayons are melted, carefully remove the cookie sheet from the oven, keeping it perfectly flat, and sprinkle a little glitter on top of the melted crayons. Leave the cookie cutter with the melted crayons on the cookie sheet until it has cooled completely. Do not attempt to move the foil off of the cookie sheet as the hot wax may drip!
6. After it is completely cooled, gently press down on the cookie cutter with the palm of your hand to score the wax to make it easier to remove around the edges. Gently chip the pieces of wax off with your fingers, and carefully push the crayon mold out of the cookie cutter.
7. Voila! Place the little piggy up in a clear cellophane bag and tie with a ribbon!
small hands big art is an art studio in South Charlotte that offers classes, camps, & parties for children & young adults.
8025 Ardrey Kell Rd.
Charlotte, NC 28277