7 Things to Know About the 34th Annual Charlotte Turkey Trot
The 34th Annual Charlotte Turkey Trot has become a local family tradition, where friends, old classmates, neighbors, and families gather to kick off Thanksgiving Day.
- The Charlotte Turkey Trot was named #13 on the list of The 30 Best Thanksgiving Turkey Trots in the U.S.
- The road race, which starts and ends at SouthPark Mall, is the largest running event in North Carolina with more than 9,000 annual participants.
- You don’t have to an avid marathon runner to participate! Run or walk the 8k, 5k, one-mile loop, or the 26.2 yard “Harris Teeter Tot Trot.”
- The Turkey Trot gives back in several ways. This year’s charitable partner is Samaritan’s Feet, which will receive 20% of all sponsorship revenue. Participants are also encouraged to bring a new, unwrapped toy to donate to the CMPD Explorer’s Christmas Project and Toy Drive. Donation boxes will be onsite.
- Enjoy the coffee and hot chocolate bar at the finish line, courtesy of Novant Health.
- The Red Zone Festival kicks off with music and announcements at 7:00 a.m. with staggered race starts beginning at 8:00 a.m.
- Participants get into the holiday spirit, wearing everything from tutus to turkey feathers!