5 Ideas for Out-and-About Holiday Fun
Step away from the wrapping, and put a little extra holly jolly in your family’s holiday plans with these things to do around town.
1. Charlotte Nature Museum presents the tale of a bear who doesn’t want to hibernate at the puppet show, Wake Up Bear, It’s Christmas. Different showings throughout the weekend and next week, along with some more nature-based fun.
2. Load the kids for a drive-thru Christmas experience in Christmas Town USA, with more than 375 trees decked out in thousands of lights, it’s sure to put twinkle in little eyes. The lights are on through Dec. 26.
3. Santa is riding the rails at Santa Train through Dec. 22.
4. Delight the little ones with a quick trek into uptown Charlotte to visit the Leonard Bearstein Symphony Orchestra. Make a day of fun by exploring center city.
5. If you feel like a little exericise to balance the overload of cookies, consider ice skating under the uptown skyline at Holiday on Ice. You can skate with Santa and Ms. Claus on Christmas Eve, and it’s open from 5-10pm Christmas Day.
Be sure to drive down Hillside Drive off Selwyn and check out all the twinkling lights, and some other fantastic neighborhood light displays around town.
For all the happenings around town, check out our calendar of events.
The Daily Post is heading home to enjoy Christmas with her family. A trip to see Disney’s “Frozen” is in the holiday plan, plus some more cookie baking.
Here’s wishing yours and yours a magical, merry Christmas and happy holiday.