Two Nearby Camps Give Kids Safe Socialization & Summer Magic
Thanks to impressive health precautions, stir-crazy kids can enjoy various adventures and activities this summer at the YMCA's overnight camps in North and South Carolina.
After spending spring in quarantine, kids need socialization now more than ever.
As much as parents are eager for their children to get out and have fun, they want to make sure they’re safe.
YMCA Summer Camps Implement Impressive Safety Measures
The YMCA of Greater Charlotte has been adaptable and innovative to ensure their campers' safety.
1. Facility Sanitation: The Y has hired extra staff to perform thorough cleaning of all of their facilities. They will even disinfect every item that campers are going to share between each use.
2. Coronavirus Training for Staff: Every staff member participates in coronavirus-specific training during their 30-hour training plan.
3. Frequent Camper Health Checks: Campers will be monitored when they first get to camp and each day after that.
4. Personal Protective Equipment: All staff will wear face covers when indoors and when six feet of distance isn’t possible outdoors.
5. Handwashing Stations: Handwashing stations have been installed all around Camp Thunderbird and Camp Harrison.
Campers Will Have Fun While Staying Safe
Although some things will look different this year, parents can rest assured that kids will still form deep bonds, explore the outdoors, and have exciting experiences with summer camp at the Y.
Kids will safely experience the magic of summer no matter if they're...
... On a ropes course
... Playing tennis
... Cruising on a sailboat
... Horseback riding
... Creating art
... Practicing archery
... Performing for their friends
... Learning water sports
... Or sitting around a classic campfire.
Ready to register your kid(s) for a magical and safe summer? Click the links below for more information on the YMCA's overnight camps in North and South Carolina.
The YMCA of Greater Charlotte brings people together – from all backgrounds and circumstances – to create connections that transform lives and community. For nearly 150 years, the Y has fostered lasting personal and social change through programs that build healthy spirit, mind, and body for all. Learn more.