Sold Out: Ride NCByTrain's Piedmont Route for $1 May 10-11
Make new family memories as NCByTrain celebrates the 150th anniversary of the first transcontinental railroad
May 8, 2019 update: Tickets for this event have sold out.
The 150th anniversary of the historic Transcontinental Railroad is May 10. To celebrate, on May 10-11, NCByTrain is offering passengers the opportunity to ride the Piedmont train route between Raleigh and Charlotte for $1 each way! These ticket prices are almost historic unto themselves and a wonderful opportunity for families and friends to experience train travel.
This is the perfect time for those who have never ridden the train to try it out. Make new memories, visit that town or restaurant you’ve been meaning to go to, or check out a new-to-you museum. The possibilities are endless.
How to Book
Reserve your tickets today at NCByTrain.org. Enter promotion code: V335. Deal is valid for travel May 10-11 on trains 73, 74, 75, 76, 77 and 78. Tickets are limited so don’t wait.
Train Towns and Ideas for Fun
Looking for your next adventure? Check out some of the fun events and places you can explore at these stops.
- North Carolina Museum of Art
- Marbles Kid’s Museum
- North Carolina Museum of History
- North Carolina Museum of Natural Sciences
- NC State, Meredith College, Shaw University & St. Augustine’s University graduations (May 11)
- Greensboro Science Center
- Family Fun Night at Greensboro Children’s Museum (May 10)
- Modular on the Spot and City Sunset concert series (May 10-11)
- See the Community Theatre of Greensboro's "Frozen, Jr." production (May 10-11)
- NC Transportation Museum
- Historic Salisbury trolley tour (May 10)
- Morgan Ridge Rail Walk Brewery Tour (May 11)
- Waterworks Fine Arts Center "Unity Through Art" and Rail Walk Studios "New Works and Such" exhibits (May 10-11)
- National Train Day at Village Park (May 11)
- Discovery Place Science Museum
- Harvey B. Gantt Center for African-American Arts + Culture
- NASCAR Hall of Fame
- Bechtler Museum of Modern Art
- Local Flavors of Historic NoDa Tour (May 11)
Source: North Carolina Department of Transportation