Charlotte Summer Outdoor Movies and Concerts
Grab your big blankets and comfortable lawn chairs for a night under the stars.
Sunset Series Movie Night kicks off in May at Crossing Paths Park in Indian Trail.
Enjoy an evening outside with the family this summer at a concert or free movie.
Charlotte Symphony Summer Pops.
Listen to the sounds of the Charlotte Symphony and enjoy the summer evenings. $11, free under age 18. 8:15. Symphony Park, 4400 Sharon Road. 704-714-5112. charlottesymphony.org
- June 5 : Summer Pops Opening Night!
- June 12: Symphony Swings
- June 19: A Night for "Pops": The Music of John Williams
- June 26: Oh, The Places You'll Go!
- July 1: Celebrate America
Hear the Charlotte Symphony at area parks.
- June 4 - Stumptown Park, 120 S. Trade St., Matthews. 7pm. matthewsnc.gov.
- June 25 - Bailey Road Park, 11536 Bailey Road, Cornelius. 6pm. cornelius.org.
- June 29 - Pineville Lake Park, 1000 Johnston Drive, Pineville. 7pm. pinevillenc.gov.
Charlotte Alive After Five.
Weekly concerts each Thursdays through Sept. 15. Free. 5pm. EpiCentre, 210 E. Trade St. aliveafterfives.com.
- May 12: 20 Ride-Zac Brown Tribute (On the Rooftop) / Who Rescued Who (Plaza Stage)
- May 19: Groovetown (On the Rooftop) / The Boat Rockers (Plaza Stage)
- May 26: Red Zeppelin-Led Zeppelin Tribute (On the Rooftop) / Steve & Chuck and The Beat (Plaza Stage)
- June 2: We Got the Beat (On the Rooftop) / Smokin' J's (Plaza Stage)
- June 9: Bantum Rooster (On the Rooftop) / Live Big (Plaza Stage)
- June 16: Root Doctors (On the Rooftop) / Steve & Chuck and The Beat (Plaza Stage)
- June 23: Satisfaction-Rolling Stones Tribute (On the Rooftop)
- June 30: Early Ray (On the Rooftop)
- July 7: Breakfast Club-80s Tribute Band (On the Rooftop)
- July 14: Hot Sauce (On the Rooftop)
- July 21: Mr. Potato Head (On the Rooftop)
- July 28: Rubberband (On the Rooftop)
- August 4: Slippery When Wet-Bon Jovi Tribute (On the Rooftop)
- August 11: TBA
- August 18: TBA
- August 25: TBA
- September 1: Departure-Journey Tribute (On the Rooftop)
- September 8: TBA
- September 15: Simplified
Ballantyne Rocks Music Series
Weekly concerts on Wednesday evenings. 6-9m. Ballantyne Village, 14825 Ballantyne Village Way. ballantynevillage.com.
- May 4: Dead Man's Banjo
- May 11: Melonbelly
- May 18: Java
- May 25: Greg Lilley
- June 1: Sol Fusion
Blakeney's Summer Concert Series.
Fridays and Saturdays through Aug. 18. 7-10pm. Village Green at Blakeney, Ardrey Kell and Rea Road. shopblakeney.com.
- May 13 & 14: Chris Sanchez Band
- May 20: DJ Chuck
- May 21: Heroes at Last
- May 27 & 28: Wicked Powers Duo
- June 3 & 4: Tony Barnes Band
- June 10: DJ Chuck
- June 11: Heroes at Last
- June 17 & 18: Chris Sanchez Band
- June 24 & 25: Loafers Band
- July 1 & 2: Java Band
- July 8 & 9: Hot Sauce Band
- July 15 & 16: Natty Boh
Music on the Green.
Select Sundays are Kid’s Nights, when children can enjoy creations made by a balloon artist. Fridays and Saturdays, 7-10pm; select Sundays, 4pm. Promenade on Providence, corner of Providence Road and Interstate 485. See website for more information. promenadeonprovidence.com
- Through Sept. 26
Stonecrest Summer Concert Series.
Friday and Saturday through Oct. 1. 7-10pm. Stonecrest Shopping Center, Piper Glen Estates, 7900 Rea Road. shopstonecrest.com.
- May 13 & 14: Woodie & The String Pullers
- May 20 & 21: Greg Lilley Band
- May 27 & 28: Dukes & Smith
- June 3 & 4: Randy Paul and The Revelry
- June 10 & 11: Flutepraise
- June 17 & 18: Brubakers
- June 24: Leslie & Friends
- June 25: Bonejazz
- July 1 & 2: Dukes & Smith
- July 8 & 9: Skate Rink Jukebox
- July 15: Leslie & Friends
- July 16: Flutepraise
- July 22 & 23: Greg Lilley Band
- July 29 & 30: Woodie and The String Pullers
- August 5 & 6: Flutepraise
- August 12 & 13: Bonejazz
- August 19 & 20: Skate Rink Jukebox
- August 26 & 27: Leslie and Friends
- September 2 & 3: Real Jazz
- September 9 & 10: Greg Lilley Band
- September 16 & 17: Leslie & Friends
- September 23 & 24: Brubakers
- Sept. 30: Flutepraise
- Oct. 1: Bonejazz
Sunset at Metropolitan.
Fridays May 5-26. 5:30pm. Metropolitan, 1111 Metropolitan Ave. metropolitanclt.com.
- May 5: Simplified
- May 12: Dead 27's
- May 19: Five on Sundays
- May 26: Liquid Pleasure
USNWC River Jam.
Come out with friends and family to experience a sunset over the Catawba River while enjoying great music, food and drink. Parking fee applies. 7-10pm. USNWC, 5000 Whitewater Center Pkwy. 704-391-3900. usnwc.org.
- Thursdays and Saturdays. Through Sept. 29.
Romare Bearden's Party in the Park.
A weekly free concert series that runs Wednesdays through Sept. 14. 6pm. Romare Bearden Park, 300 S. Church St.
- May 11: Ken Knox & Company
- May 18: North Tower Band
- May 25: The Catalinas
- June 1: Too Much Sylvia
- June 8: The Entertainers
- June 15: Envision
- June 22: Steve Owens & Summertime
- June 29: SummerDaze
- July 6: Flashback, The Party Band
- July 13: Band of Oz
- July 20: Jim Quick & Coastline
- July 27: Hip Pocket
- August 3: Fantastic Shakers
- August 10: The Extraordinaires
- August 17: Gary Lowder & Smokin Hot
- August 24: The Tams
- August 31: Rick Strickland Band
- September 7: The Swingin' Medallions
- September 14: Peace & Love
Friday Night Live Concert Series.
A weekly concert series with live music and food and beverage available for purchase. 6:30pm. Historic Downtown Belmont. cityofbelmont.org.
- May 6: Too Much Sylvia
- May 20: The Extraordinaires
- June 3: Ken Knox & Company
- June 17: The Entertainers
- July 1: The Tams
- July 15: Blackwater Rhythm and Blues
- July 29: The Embers
- August 12: Gary Lowder & Smoking Hot
- August 26: Band of Oz
Cornelius Outdoor Cinema Series
Outdoor movies under the stars on a giant blimp screen. Free. 8:30pm. Kenton Place, 17105 Kenton Drive, Cornelius. cornelius.org.
- Full Schedule TBA.
Concerts on the Green.
Bring comfy chairs, a blanket and picnic to enjoy music outdoors. Free. 6-8pm. Village Green, corner of Main Street and Concord Road, Davidson. concertsonthegreen.com.
- May 1: Matt Stratford Band
- May 15: Sidecar Social Club
- June 12: Band of Oz
- June 19: Image
- July 3: Ted Vigil
- August 7: Da Throwback Band
- August 24: Poor Boy Revival
- September 4: Rusty Knox Band
- September 18: Davidson College Symphony & Jazz Ensemble
Summer Concert Series
Enjoy good music and tasty treats from the True Crafted Pizza food truck. Free. 6pm. Anne Springs Close Greenway, 288 Dairy Barn Lane, Fort Mill. ascgreenway.org
- May 5: Strings at Springs Featuring Charlotte Symphony
- June 2: Southern Experience Band
- June 9: J'Michael Peeples Trio
- June 16: Diversity
- June 23: Carolina Rhythm Band
- June 30: Arsena Schroeder
- July 7: Coconut Groove Band
- July 14: Dante Lewis Duo
- July 21: Matt Stratford Trio
- July 28: Deeper Shade of Blue
- August 4: Triple Play
- August 18: Henry River Honey
- August 25: Mezza Voce
Downtown Gastonia Concert Series.
Select Fridays through August 19. Concerts run in conjunction with the Cars and Concerts Cruise-In. 7-10pm. Rotary Pavilion, 100 S. Street, Gastonia. downtowngastonia.com.
- May 13: Coming Up Brass
- May 27: The Entertainers
- June 10: Jim Quick and The Coastline Band
- June 24: Gary Lowder & Smokin' Hot
- July 8: The Extraordinaires
- July 22: Blackwater
- August 5: Fantastic Shakers
- August 19: Ken Knox
Movies in the Park.
Bring a lawn chair or blanket and cozy up for some outside entertainment. Come early to participate in giveaways and pre-movie entertainment. Free. 6pm. 704-766-2220. huntersville.org.
- June 16: "Star Wars: The Force Awakens" at Richard Barry Park, 13707 Beatties Ford Road, Huntersville.
- July 22: TBD at Bradford Park, 17005 Davidson-Concord Road, Huntersville.
NorthCross Shopping Center Outdoor Concerts and Movies Series.
Concerts run weekly in May on Saturdays from 7-9pm and outdoor movies will begin on Saturdays in June at dusk. Free. 9751 Sam Furr Road, Huntersville. shopnorthcross.com.
- May 7: HC Oakes Band
- May 14: Knowne Ghost
- May 21: Exit 54
- June 4: "Inside Out"
- June 11: "Mr. Holmes"
- June 18: "Star Wars: The Force Awakens"
- June 25: "Cinderella"
Sunset Series Movie Night
Celebrate summer nights with music, activities and a featured movie. Free. 7pm. Crossing Paths Park, 120 Blythe Drive. indiantrail.org.
- May 6: "The Good Dinosaur"
- May 20: "Inside Out:
- June 3: "Minions"
Movies at the Park.
Come out and watch a family friendly movie. Most nights begin at 7:30pm with live music performances before the movies. Movies start at Dusk. Free. 8:45pm. Village Park, 700 W. C St., Kannapolis. 704-920-4343. cityofkannapolis.com.
- June 10: "Inside Out"
- June 24: "The Martian"
- July 8: "The Peanuts Movie"
- July 22: "The Good Dinosaur"
- August 5: "Return of the Jedi"
Enjoy live music with fireworks. Free. 7pm. Village Park, 700 W. C St., Kannapolis. 704-920-4343. cityofkannapolis.com.
- June 4: Lonestar with Fireworks
- June 18: Breakfast Club and Gump Fiction
- July 16: Andrew Theilen Big Band
- July 30: Too Much Sylvia
- August 13: Delbert McClinton with Fireworks
Movies and Concerts in the Park.
Free. 7-10pm. Stumptown Park, 120 S. Trade St., Matthews. matthewsnc.gov.
- May 28: "The Good Dinosaur"
- June 11: "Inside Out"
- June 18: The Catalinas
- June 25: "The Minions"
- July 2: "Too Much Sylvia"
- July 9: "Hotel Transylvania 2"
- July 16: The Entertainers
- July 30: "Norm of the North"
Movies on the Lawn.
Free. Movies start at dusk. Front of Town Hall, 4430 Mint Hill Village Lane, Mint Hill. minthill.com.
- May 6: "Rudy"
- May 13: "Kicking and Screaming"
- May 20: "Hoosiers"
Free. 7:30pm. Front Lawn of Town Hall, 4430 Mint Hill Village Lane, Mint Hill. minthill.com.
- June 4: Lindsay Nicole and Hwy. 74
- June 11: The Coteries
- June 18: TBA
- June 25: Horsefly
'Rockin' & 'Reelin' Movie and Concert Series
Free. 7pm. Belle Johnston Community Center, 1000 Johnston Drive, Pineville. townofpineville.com
- May 20: Too Much Sylvia
- June 10: "Field of Dreams"
- June 24: Gal Friday Band
- June 29: Charlotte Symphony
- July 15: "The Good Dinosaur"
- July 22: Matthews Playhouse-"Junie B. Jones: The Musical"
- July 29: Coconut Groove Band
- August 12: Max
- August 26: Gump Fiction
Know any summer concert series or movies that we missed? Share with us and our readers in the comments below!