Charlotte Summer Outdoor Movies and Concerts
Grab your big blankets and comfortable lawn chairs for a night under the stars.
Enjoy an evening outside with the family this summer at an outdoor concert or movie. (Events are listed by town).
Weekly concerts each Friday May 5-Aug. 25. Concessions available for purchase. 7pm. Square at Spirit Square, 345 N. College St.
Fridays, May 4-25. 5:30pm. Free. Metropolitan, 1111 Metropolitan Ave.
A weekly free concert series that runs Wednesdays May 31-Aug. 30. 6pm. Free. Romare Bearden Park, 300 S. Church St.
Fridays and Saturdays through Aug. 26. 7-10pm. Free. Village Green at Blakeney, Ardrey Kell and Rea Road.
Weekends through Sept. 16. Fridays and Saturdays, 7-10pm. 4pm. Free. Promenade on Providence, corner of Providence Road and Interstate 485. See website for more information.
Friday and Saturday through Sept. 30. 7-10pm. Free. Stonecrest Shopping Center, Piper Glen Estates, 7900 Rea Road.
Thursdays and Saturdays through Sept. 30. 7-10pm. Free. Parking fee applies. USNWC, 5000 Whitewater Center Pkwy. 704-391-3900.
Listen to the sounds of the Charlotte Symphony and enjoy the summer evenings. 8:15pm. $5-$12, free under age 12. Symphony Park, 4400 Sharon Road. 704-714-5112.
- June 5 : Hooray for Hollywood
- June 11: Jazz at the Park
- June 18: Star Wars: The Music
- June 25: Best of Broadway
- July 1: Celebrate America
Live Bluegrass and Americana music each week, plus food trucks and craft beverages. 7pm. Weekly on Fridays June 2-Aug. 25. Free admission. First Ward Park, 301 E. 7th St.
Movies Under the Stars
Fridays, Aug. 4-25. 7pm; movie starts at dusk. Free. Symphony Park, 4400 Sharon Road. Kick-off the evenings at 7 p.m. with live music from Mr. Nigel and Friends and activities for the entire family. Guests can also purchase an assortment of summer snacks to enjoy during the movie.
- Aug. 4: "Trolls"
- Aug. 11: "The Secret Life of Pets"
- Aug. 18: "Sing"
- Aug. 25: Fan Vote (Shoppers will vote on SouthPark's social media channels)
This concert series features live music and food and beverage available for purchase. 6-10pm. Free.
- May 19, June 2 and 16 at Stowe Park, Belmont.
- June 30 on Main Street, downtown Belmont.
All movies will be shown on an outdoor inflatable "blimp screen." Don't forget your lawn chairs and blankets. Movies begin at approximately 8:30pm. Free.
- June 3: "The Secret Life of Pets." Smithville Park, 19710 S. Ferry St., Cornelius.
- July 8: "The LEGO Batman Movie." Robbins Park, 17738 W. Catawba Ave., Cornelius.
- Aug. 1: "Moana." Smithville Park, 19710 S. Ferry St., Cornelius.
- June 24: 6pm. Free. Bailey Road Park, 11536 Bailey Road, Cornelius.
Bring comfy chairs, a blanket and picnic to enjoy music outdoors. April 23-Sept. 17. 6-8pm. Free. Village Green, corner of Main Street and Concord Road, Davidson.
Thursdays through June 1-Aug. 31, enjoy good music and tasty treats from the True Crafted Pizza food truck. 6pm. $5 per person; $5 per car for parking. Anne Springs Close Greenway, 288 Dairy Barn Lane, Fort Mill.
Concerts run in conjunction with the Cars and Concerts Cruise-In. Select Fridays April 27 through Aug.17. 7-10pm. Free. Rotary Pavilion, 100 South St., Gastonia.
Live music and local food vendors the third Saturday of each month starting June 17. 6:30-9pm. Free. Town Center, 4100 Main St., Harrisburg.
Bring a lawn chair or blanket and cozy up for some outside entertainment. Come early to participate in giveaways and pre-movie entertainment. 6pm. Free. 704-766-2220.
- June 29: "Storks" at Richard Barry Park, 13707 Beatties Ford Road, Huntersville.
- Aug. 24: "The Secret Life of Pets" at North Mecklenburg Park, 16131 Old Statesville Road, Huntersville.
Live music every Friday and Saturday night from 7-9pm and Sunday from 4-6pm. Free. Birkdale Village, 8712 Lindholm Drive.
Celebrate summer nights with music, activities and a featured movie. Free. Games start at 6pm, movie at dusk.
- May 5: "Moana" at Crooked Creek Park, 5900 Oakwood Lane, Indian Trail.
- June 16: "Sing" at Crossing Paths Park, 120 Blythe Drive, Indian Trail.
- Aug. 18: "Rogue One" A Star Wars Story" at Chestnut Square Park, 299 Chestnut Pkwy., Indian Trail.
- Oct. 13: "Hotel Transylvania 2" at Chestnut Square Park, 299 Chestnut Pkwy., Indian Trail.
Weekly Jazz Series, Sundays from 1-3pm at Veterans Park, 119 N. Main St., Kannapolis.
Thursdays on Main, afternoon or evening concerts on Thursdays at Veterans Park, 119 N. Main St., Kannapolis.
Summer Concerts at Village Park, 7-10pm at 700 W. C St., Kannapolis.
- June 3: 38 Special (with fireworks)
- June 17: Confederate Railroad
- June 30: Charlotte Symphony (with fireworks)
- July 15: Trial by Fire (Journey) and On the Border (Eagles)
- July 29: Too Much Sylvia
- Aug. 12: Diamond Rio (with fireworks)
Movies begin at dusk. Free. Village Park, 700 W. C St., Kannapolis. 704-920-4343.
- May 5: "Monster Trucks"
- May 26: "Finding Dory"
- June 9: "Zootopia"
- June 24: "Peanuts"
- July 21: "Pete's Dragon"
- August 4: "Moana"
Second and fourth Fridays May 26 through Sept. 24. 5-9pm. Free. Stumptown Park, 120 S. Trade St., Matthews.
Free. Front of Town Hall, 4430 Mint Hill Village Lane, Mint Hill.
- May 6: "Rogue One: A Star Wars Story"
- June 10: School of Rock Concert
- July 3: Patriotic Concert featuring Queen City Brass Band
- Aug. 19: Back to School Pep Rally
- Sept. 10: Gal Friday Concert
7pm. Free. Pineville Lake Park, 1000 Johnston Drive, Pineville.
- June 2: Outshyne (country)
- June 16: "Monster Trucks"
- June 23: Charlotte Symphony Summer Pops
- July 14: Too Much Sylvia (beach)
- July 28: "Moana"
- Aug. 11: Kids in America (classic 80s)
- Sept. 15: RadioJacks (pop)
Free. Live music weekly on Friday evenings June 16-Aug. 18. 7-9pm. 1150 N. Boom St., Waxhaw.
Know any summer concert series or movies that we missed? Share with us and our readers in the comments below!