Charlotte Summer Outdoor Movies and Concerts
Grab your big blankets and comfortable lawn chairs for a night under the stars.
Sunset Series Movie Night kicks off in May at Crossing Paths Park in Indian Trail.
Enjoy an evening outside with the family this summer at an outdoor concert or movie.
Fridays and Saturdays through Aug. 18. 7-10pm. Free. Village Green at Blakeney, Ardrey Kell and Rea Road.
Listen to the sounds of the Charlotte Symphony and enjoy the summer evenings. 8:15pm. $11, free under age 18. Symphony Park, 4400 Sharon Road. 704-714-5112.
- June 5 : Summer Pops Opening Night!
- June 12: Symphony Swings
- June 19: A Night for "Pops": The Music of John Williams
- June 26: Oh, The Places You'll Go!
Movies Under the Stars
Fridays, Aug. 5-26. 7pm; movie starts at dusk. Free. Symphony Park, 4400 Sharon Road. Kick-off the evenings at 7 p.m. with live music from Mr. Nigel and Friends and activities for the entire family. Guests can also purchase an assortment of summer snacks to enjoy during the movie.
- Aug. 5: "Star Wars: The Force Awakens"
- Aug. 12: "Zootopia"
- Aug. 19: "Kung Fu Panda 3"
- Aug. 26: "The Peanuts Movie"
Weekends through Sept. 26. Select Sundays are Kid’s Nights, when children can enjoy creations made by a balloon artist. Fridays and Saturdays, 7-10pm; select Sundays, 4pm. Free. Promenade on Providence, corner of Providence Road and Interstate 485. See website for more information.
A weekly free concert series that runs Wednesdays through Sept. 14. 6pm. Free. Romare Bearden Park, 300 S. Church St.
Friday and Saturday through Oct. 1. 7-10pm. Free. Stonecrest Shopping Center, Piper Glen Estates, 7900 Rea Road.
Fridays, May 5-26. 5:30pm. Free. Metropolitan, 1111 Metropolitan Ave.
Thursdays and Saturdsays through Sept. 29. 7-10pm. Free. Parking fee applies. USNWC, 5000 Whitewater Center Pkwy. 704-391-3900.
A weekly concert series with live music and food and beverage available for purchase. 6:30pm. Free. Historic Downtown Belmont.
Movies under the stars on a giant blimp screen. 8:30pm. Free. Ramsey Creek Park, 18441 Nantz Road, Cornelius; and Cornelius Town Hall lawn, 21445 Catawba Ave., Cornelius. *Boat-In” movies at Ramsey Creek Park, co-hosted by the Mecklenburg County Park and Recreation Department, give spectators the opportunity to view the movie from land or from the lake. Boaters can watch the movie from their boats and receive audio via boat radio or handheld radio.
- June 11: "Zootopia," Ramsey Creek Park.
- June 22: "Minions," Cornelius Town Hall.
- July 9: "Jurassic World," Ramsey Creek Park.
- July 27: "Captain America: The Winter Soldier," (edited). Cornelius Town Hall.
- Aug. 13: "Daddy's Home," (edited). Ramsey Creek Park.
- Aug. 24: "The Good Dinosaur," Cornelius Town Hall.
- June 25: 6pm. Free. Bailey Road Park, 11536 Bailey Road, Cornelius.
Bring comfy chairs, a blanket and picnic to enjoy music outdoors. 6-8pm. Free. Village Green, corner of Main Street and Concord Road, Davidson.
Thursdays through Aug. 25, enjoy good music and tasty treats from the True Crafted Pizza food truck. 6pm. Free.Anne Springs Close Greenway, 288 Dairy Barn Lane, Fort Mill.
Select Fridays through Aug. 19. Concerts run in conjunction with the Cars and Concerts Cruise-In. 7-10pm. Free. Rotary Pavilion, 100 S. Street, Gastonia.
Bring a lawn chair or blanket and cozy up for some outside entertainment. Come early to participate in giveaways and pre-movie entertainment. 6pm. Free. 704-766-2220.
- June 16: "Star Wars: The Force Awakens" at Richard Barry Park, 13707 Beatties Ford Road, Huntersville.
- July 22: "Zootopia" at Bradford Park, 17005 Davidson-Concord Road, Huntersville.
- Sept. 9: "PAN" at North Meck Park, 16131 Old Statesville Road, Huntersville.
Saturdays in June. Movies start at dusk. Free. 9751 Sam Furr Road, Huntersville.
- June 4: "Inside Out"
- June 11: "Mr. Holmes"
- June 18: "Star Wars: The Force Awakens"
- June 25: "Cinderella"
Celebrate summer nights with music, activities and a featured movie. Free. Games start at 6:30pm, movie at dusk. Crossing Paths Park, 120 Blythe Drive, Indian Trail.
- June 3: "Inside Out"
- June 17: "Minions"
Live music performances before the movies. 7:30pm, movie starts at dusk. Free. Village Park, 700 W. C St., Kannapolis. 704-920-4343. .
- June 10: "Inside Out"
- June 24: "The Martian"
- July 8: "The Peanuts Movie"
- July 22: "The Good Dinosaur"
- August 5: "Return of the Jedi"
7-10pm. Free. Stumptown Park, 120 S. Trade St., Matthews.
- May 28: "The Good Dinosaur"
- June 4: Charlotte Symphony Summer Pops
- June 11: "Inside Out"
- June 18: The Catalinas
- June 25: "The Minions"
- July 2: "Too Much Sylvia"
- July 9: "Hotel Transylvania 2"
- July 16: The Entertainers
- July 30: "Norm of the North"
Movies start at dusk. Free. Front of Town Hall, 4430 Mint Hill Village Lane, Mint Hill.
- May 6: "Rudy"
- May 13: "Kicking and Screaming"
- May 20: "Hoosiers"
7:30pm. Free. Front Lawn of Town Hall, 4430 Mint Hill Village Lane, Mint Hill.
7pm. Free. Belle Johnston Community Center, 1000 Johnston Drive, Pineville.
- May 20: Too Much Sylvia
- June 10: "Field of Dreams"
- June 24: Gal Friday Band
- June 29: Charlotte Symphony Summer Pops
- July 15: "The Good Dinosaur"
- July 22: Matthews Playhouse —"Junie B. Jones: The Musical"
- July 29: Coconut Groove Band
- August 12: Max
- August 26: Gump Fiction
Know any summer concert series or movies that we missed? Share with us and our readers in the comments below!