South Carolina's Cornbread Festival
Great fun and tasty eats, just three turns from Uptown Charlotte
Vote for your favorite cornbread confections on Cornbread Lane
South Carolina's third annual cornbread festival has a lot in common with the National Cornbread Festival in South Pittsburg, Tennessee, which I visited last month.
The festival will be held this Saturday, May 21 at Spirit Communications Park in downtown Columbia.
What to do at the SC Cornbread Festival
I recommend heading out on an empty stomach. Here's what's in store:
- Sample 20 different variations of mouthwatering cornbread on Cornbread Lane
- Participate in the cornhole tournament and cornbread eating contest
- Watch the cornbread cookout
- Stroll through the lanes of the classic car show
- Dance to the music of several beloved bands
Where to find more foodie festivals
Charlotte is close to hundreds of foodie festivals. The Bon Appetit Appalachia website is a great way to search for them in the 13-state Appalachian region.