Plan Ahead for the Charlotte Parent School Fair
Start your school search at the Charlotte Parent School Fair.
Representatives from more than 30 local private and charter schools will be at the School Fair, Saturday, Oct. 13 from noon-4 p.m. at Spirit Square Uptown.
Catch Light Studio
Every child is unique and that includes individual learning styles. If you are considering a school switch for your child or simply looking ahead and curious to know more about school choices in the Charlotte area, make plans to attend the School Fair, hosted by Charlotte Parent and Charlotte Magazine, Oct. 13 from noon-4 p.m. at Spirit Square in uptown.
If you are considering applying to a private or charter school, now is the time to start gathering information as many schools' application process begins in January. Representatives from more than 30 local private and charter schools can answer questions about the application process, and share information about the school's philosophy, curriculum and other amenities at the School Fair.
Following is a short list of questions to to ask representatives.
- What is the average class size? What is the average student-to-teacher ratio?
- What extracurricular activities and athletics are offered? Is there an emphasis on arts or sciences?
- When are admission applications due? Is testing required for admission?
- For private schools: Is financial assistance available? How about transportation?
- What is the school's philosophy and mission?
The School Fair is FREE to attend and activities for kids will be available.