Fiesta Mexican Casserole
MEXICAN FIESTA CASSEROLE (serves 4-6)
1 lb. lean ground beef
2 cans (15 oz. each) pinto beans, drained
1 can (8 oz.) tomato sauce
1/2 cup mild chunky salsa
1 tsp. chili powder
1/2 tsp. cumin
1 c. shredded cheese (your favorite-cheddar, etc.) shredded lettuce
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Cook beef in skillet until brown; drain.
3. Mix beef, beans, tomato sauce, salsa, chili powder, and cumin in ungreased 2 qt. casserole dish (may be prepared to this point and chilled until ready to bake).
4. Bake 40-45 min. until hot and bubbly.
5. Serve on bed of shredded lettuce, with shredded cheese on top and tortilla chips around edge of plate.