Father’s Day Activities in Charlotte
Make your dad's Father's Day Weekend something to remember!
Show Dad how much you care by treating him to a great Father’s Day weekend. These Father’s Day events and activities are sure to please the big guy in your life. Lead him on an outdoor adventure. Buy him tickets to a big game. Or make his day with a daddy donut date! Whether your father loves staying active or relaxing, there is something for him in Charlotte.
For the NASCAR Fan
Race Uptown to the NASCAR Hall of Fame to celebrate Dad. Ticket to the NASCAR Hall of Fame Father's Day Brunch includes brunch, general admission, a family photo and a special activity. Challenge your family to a race by designing, building and racing your own car using a variety of materials, from batteries and motors to balloons and straws. Brunch is on June 16 at 10 a.m. and costs $35 to $45, free children ages 2 and younger. While visiting the NASCAR Hall of Fame, do not miss the new exhibit, RCR 50: Only in America.
For the Outdoorsman
Nature loving dads can get a breath of fresh air, and a pint of fresh, local beer, at the Father's Day Weekend event at Daniel Stowe Botanical Garden. The event continues all weekend, Saturday and Sunday, from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. with family crafts, activities and live music. Craft beer will be available for purchase from the Beer Garden. Be sure to take note of the glass art on display, which is part of the Grandiflora: Gamrath Glass in the Garden exhibit. The Father's Day event is included with garden admission, which costs $8 to $15. Fathers and children under 2 will be admitted free.
For the Music Aficionado
You won't have to use The Force to pull Dad out to the Charlotte Summer Symphony Pops Concert, "Star Wars: The Music." Take a musical journey into a galaxy far, far away, and be sure to give dad a hug for not joining the dark side. The show is on Sunday, June 16 in Symphony Park at South Park Mall. The performance begins at 8:15 p.m. and is free for children ages 12 and younger. Other tickets range from $4 to $56.
For the Car Enthusiast
If Dad is a petrol head, take a trip to Cars and Coffee at Charlotte Motor Speedway on Saturday, June 15 from 7 to 10 a.m., or Cars and Cappuccino from 8 to 10 a.m. on Sunday, June 16 at South Park Mall. Both events are free and open to the public.
For the Frugal Father
- Who doesn't love a deal? If your dad loves a bargain, be sure to check out awesome deals, such as free admission to Tiger World in Rockwell, North Carolina.
- Enjoy a free game of mini golf with a paying player at Adventure Landing in Gastonia.
- Golfers will love Topgolf's Father's Day deal; with every $50 in Topgolf Gift Cards purchased now through Sunday, June 16, receive a $10 bonus card.
- A dad's got to eat, right? Bring him to Bulla Gastrobar where dads will receive a $20 gift card to use during their next visit, plus an opportunity to “win” a small order of churros with the kids by solving a brainteaser crossword puzzle.
- Carolina Ale House is offering dad a free burger with $10 purchase, dine-in only on Sunday, June 16.
- DeSano pizzeria at Waverly is giving dads one free cannoli with purchase of a large pizza between 11 a.m. and 10 p.m., June 16. Turns out, June 16 is also National Cannoli Day.
- Do something sweet for your pop by bringing him to get his first six ounces of frozen yogurt for free at TCBY.
For the Weekend Warrior
Weekend warriors who enjoy active pursuits should register for the Brew Dash 6K and 12K at the U.S. National Whitewater Center. Races begin at 9 a.m. on Saturday, June 15. Race day registration costs $40 to $45 and includes four, four-ounce samples of small-batch craft beer from Sycamore Brewing, Bold Missy Brewery, Amor Artis Brewing and New Sarum Brewing for Brew Dash participants ages 21 and older. Beer tastings begin at 10 a.m. The whitewater center has additional activities for the rest of the family, including ropes courses, mountain biking, zip lining and more. See website for additional offerings.
For the Craft Beer Drinker
Bring dad to one of these great breweries to visit with the kids. We understand if you cannot decide which one to visit. Let Olde Mecklenburg Brewery help make that decision for you. This popular brauhaus and biergarten is hosting Father's Day Fest on both Saturday and Sunday, June 15 and 16, starting at 11 a.m. Celebrate Dad with beer, live music, golf chipping contests, stein hoisting contests, prizes and Sunday buffet lunch available for purchase.
Tiffany Wolff is the Charlotte Parent calendar editor and mom of two energetic boys.