Closures for Child-Focused Programming, Venues, and Events
From Carowinds to YMCA locations
Closures for child-focused programming and events:
- YMCA of Greater Charlotte has suspended all member access, activities, and programs in all YMCA branches through April 1, effective at close of business on Tuesday, March 17. *Note: there will be no group exercise classes, basketball, or open gym on Tuesday, March 17.
- Charlotte Mecklenburg Public Libraries will close on March 17 at 5 p.m. until further notice.
- Dilworth Little League has suspended all activities through April 6.
- Discovery Place is closed through March 27.
- NASCAR Hall of Fame is closed through March 31.
- The Mint Museum has canceled all programming and events through March 31.
- Great Wolf Lodge will close starting at 2 p.m. on Sunday, March 15. All guests with reservations from the evening of March 15 through April 1 will get a full refund.
- Carowinds has postponed its opening date from March 21 to April 3.
- Jami Masters School of Dance will start spring break immediately and run for two weeks with classes planned to begin again on March 30. Look for instructional class videos to be available online later this week.
- MyGym of Lake Norman, SouthPark, and Blakeney have canceled all programming through March 20. Look for online content to be posted on Facebook and Instagram this week.
- Noah’s Art will be closed through March 20. Follow them on Facebook and Instagram for videos of their teachers directing creative activities.
- Perfect Balance Training Center has canceled all recreational classes, pre-teams, and events through March 29. All competitive teams will receive an email regarding practices.
**Please remember this is a rapidly evolving situation, and Charlotte magazine and Charlotte Parent will provide updated information as it becomes available.**