3 Summer Vacation Books about the Carolinas
1. As you plan your summer vacation, check out Kids Love North Carolina by George and Michele Zavatsky (Kids Love Publications, $14.95) for family-friendly destinations throughout the state. From small historic towns to beach or mountain resorts, you’ll find information about specific North Carolina attractions that kids can enjoy.
2. If you'd rather pepper your summer with day trips instead of taking one long vacation, pick up a copy of Fun With the Family in North Carolina by James L. Hoffman (The Globe Pequot Press, $12.95) to explore hundreds of kid-friendly destinations just a few hours away from home. Each location contains icons from an "Attractions Key" in the front of the book, so you'll know if there are hiking trails, campgrounds, museums or shopping venues nearby.
3. Holly Springs author Carol Crane takes kids on a rhyming journey through North Carolina's treasures in Little North Carolina (Sleeping Bear Press, $9.95) — from mountain train tracks to Outer Banks horses. Kids learn about native animals, produce and attractions in this board book for ages 0-6.
• Which Carolina beach is the best fit for your family?
• Top 5 Roller Coasters in the Southeast
• Find a Waterfall in Western NC
• Lighthouses of the Carolinas