3 Fun DIY Games for the Fourth of July
Three do-it-yourself games to build for backyard fun on the Fourth of July.
Strategically toss rings onto poles for points with the Rope Ring Toss Game.
Lowe's Home Improvement
(page 1 of 3)
The Fourth is the perfect time to come together for food and backyard fun without breaking the bank. Below are three do-it-yourself games to build, shared by Matt Michaels at Lowe’s Home Improvement, for backyard fun on the Fourth of July or anytime this summer.
1. Ring Toss
How to play: Players attempt to toss washer rings into buckets for points- suggest playing to a set number to see who can get there first.
Estimated project time: A few hours
Skill level required: Beginner
Tools and materials needed:
- 1-by-10-by-4 feet whitewood board
- 12-ounce can Valspar spray paint, garden green gloss
- Blue plastic paint
- USS 3/4-inch flat washers
- Pan Phillips self-drilling screw
- 5-pack flat washers
- 3 small buckets or large cups of slightly different sizes
- 1, 2 and 3 number stencils
1. Download the number stencils here.
2. Apply the numbers to the board, with 1 at the bottom and 3 at the top (offset the numbers as shown or design as desired).
3. Spray paint the board green. Let dry.
4. Remove the number stencils.
5. Spray-paint the plastic buckets. Let dry.
6. Drill buckets and attach below each number in the center of the board with a washer and screw. Place the largest bucket at the bottom and the smallest at the top.